2 minutes ago
First things first: there can never be too many succulents (until I run out of shelf and desk space I guess!). Secondly, this year, I’m really trying to amp up my focus even more then usual so here’s a productivity tip for you! .
1. Write down your agenda for the day. ( I have my master to-do list in Asana and then I choose what will be worked on that day and write it in my notebook)
2. Block out times for when you’re actually going to do the things on your list.
3. Then, set a timer on your phone (using the multitimer app!) to work for 30 minutes.
4. Then, open your (forest app!) so you don’t pick up your phone during your focused work time. It’ll scold you if you close the app to use your phone!
5. Keep your notebook next to you and write “DISTRACTION LIST” at the top of a blank page. During your 30 minute work period (remember we’re trying to stay focused on ONE task right now), write down every distraction or “to-do” that pops into your head and don’t do them until your break! (Break for 5-15 minutes after your 30 minute work period) to do the things on your distraction list. .
Usually for me it’s small things like text someone happy birthday, comment on 10 instagram posts, email inquiry back etc. So there you have it! I’ve been doing this daily for a while now and I seriously hope you’ll give it a try and eliminate those distracting thoughts from your daily routine!